Saturday, June 18, 2011

Friday's Finest (40)

On a Saturday! I feel bad because this is one of my favourite memes yet I haven't posted one in forever!

Hosted by the very wonderful Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

I haven’t finished this book yet but let me tell you.. it is really really good right now. It’s got gorgeous writing, and there are ILLUSTRATIONS. The put-together-ness of this is simply amazing, and you should just buy it from the Book Depository instead of waiting because it is that good, and so worth it.

Book: A Monster Calls
by Patrick Ness (and Siobhan Dowd)

Quote
Conor glanced up at his bedroom window again, imagining his grandma sleeping in his bed. “So how is that supposed to save me from her?”

The monster stood its full height, looking down on Conor from afar.

It is not her you need saving from, it said.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of gushing and spazzing when I finish.

A LOT.







author twitter
also the author of the OMGWTF trilogy, Chaos Walking.

7 comments:

  1. I just finished and reviewed this book this week. What a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot freaking wait for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - never heard of this one. Sounds creepy, can't wait for you to review it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds eerie...and I'm definitely curious about this book now! Great quotation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~sighs~ I still need to read Ness' other series first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA WHAT, PATRICK NESS? SWEETTTT. This sounds gooood!!! What the heck, I still have to add this on goodreads. Gosh, im way behind lmao

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*