Thursday, June 9, 2011

it's the End of an ERA!

So. Tomorrow is Friday which means tomorrow… I’m graduating high school. And no I’m not completely free yet (to read), it’s actually just the whole official ceremony, dinner/dance, dry-grad shin-dig, but it feels so.. close. So well, fancy.


Hey, so far in 17 years, high school has been the best times of my life :P So yeah, you YA authors, HS isn’t always a hell-hole. It’s crazy to think I’ve been through 5 years in this school and experienced so much personal growth whil being surrounded by amazing people and amazing teachers, but there really isn’t much I can say here.

Oh, there is!

Teachers: you matter. Sometimes you have the bratty, lippy kids, the kids you just can’t wait to leave you class at the end of June, but well, there’s also kids like me. I think teachers in my life have influenced me more than any other adult, especially during these impressionable teen years. I’m lucky to go to a school where students talk to teachers like people, not ‘authority figures’, where in science class we talk about Sarah Palin and religion as opposed to the induced EMF of a motor. In English class where we watch more youtube videos than we read sonnets. It’s going to be so much nostalgia with graduating, but just remember, to you teachers out there, no matter what age you teach or what subject: you’re important. And thank you for doing what you’re doing.

So yay! I have one more week of school after this, one exams two weeks from now, and then I’m free. Oh summer.. I can’t wait for you to come and me to READ! I promise after school ends I’ll be reading and reviewing the books I’ve promised to, I’m on a book buying ban until I get through my TBR (well… of course there’s exceptions)

Also, I think I mentioned before about letting you guys know where I'll be going in the fall. I'll be studying at Univeristy of Toronto, and I'm excited :)

So this blog may still be kind of quiet but I promise I have some big things planned for June. Just give me another week.

And to my fellow grads out there, congrats to you too. Class of 2011… DFTBA.







PS- anyone catch the Friends reference? Love that show!

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations Audrey! Such an exciting (and overwhelming) time. I agree, teachers are awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Audrey. You have a very bright future ahead of you. I can tell. Of course, it will involve more school but not until you get a good summer break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AUUDREEEYYY! Hooray grads! Can't believe yours is tomorrow. Woo! I have like 7 days of school left and then 3 days of exams oh my goshhh. So soon, Audrey! Mixed feelings and everything!! AHHHHHH YOU'RE COMING TO U OF T!!! Downtown, yeah? I have some friends going there who I most def will visit. Imagine we meet, that'd be the sickest thing. Haha. Anyways, you'll have fun tomorrow. Tears and happiness! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just thought I would sneak a comment in *taking a break from work* because I wanted to say enjoy it. I was thrilled to be leaving LOL, but on the last day? It really hit me. The familiar faces that I passed down the hall even those I didn't like I would miss. You'll go to college and won't really miss it all too much I think but hold those fond memories. Take pics because you never know when you'll see them again. I made the mistake of taking just the few, and not really being able to tell one or two of my favourite teachers how much I appreciated them. Hope you have an amazing day hun. Make it last and go and be fucking awesome. :D

    *Love and hugs*

    Miss sleepy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, congrats, audrey! yesterday i gave my last a level exam (which is like high school, except with thirteen grades), and i can totally relate to the 'IM FREEE' feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Graduation is always exciting. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Audrey!!!!!!

    Have an awesome time at your ceremony dinner/dance shin dig :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Wow, I can't even imagine what life will be like when I graduate at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!

    I'll be graduating from high school in a few weeks and I'll be heading of to the University of Toronto too. Small world!

    Hope you enjoy your ceremony and last week with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulation!!!! I hope you have an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AUDREY you oldie! Hope you've had the time of your life. Did you know life is an upwards slope in goodness? You better keep having new times of your life! :P

    (Do I make any sense? <3)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats x a million Audrey! Good luck with those pesky final exams too, haha. It must feel awesome to be done with high school (awesome but bittersweet too, I guess). :DD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats girl!!! I just graduated too! GO CLASS OF 2011!!!! *graduation hugs* :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everybody!! You guys are ALWAYS so awesome <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. YeeeeeeeHaw!

    So freaking proud of you little missy!

    You have so many wonderful things to look forward to. You're future is bright and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your graduation! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*