Thursday, June 2, 2011

May, lookin' back

Firstly and most importantly, I want to apologize for having such a bad blogging month. It's been... terrible. I have so much school stuff going on, I think I read... 3 books this month. seriously. I was surprised by how hard I was hit with school, studying, assignments, finals, and end-of-high-school stuff that I just didn't read anything, even when I had amazing books on my shelf :( Ahh, this won't be a pleasant post.

this is May in Review at holes In My brain

Reviews (5)

Divergent by Veronica Roth

God is in the Pancakes by Robin Epstein

What Happened to Goodbye
by Sarah Dessen

Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow by Nathan Bransford

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

Thoughts
I really should have read more books. Seriously, 3?! Only reviewed 5?!

Book of the Month

Divergent (9.1/10) because I loved the reading experience and couldn't put it down. Also, I read so little books there isn't much competition...

Honourable Mentions:

Beauty Queens (8.9/10) - hilarious to the MAX. WHtG by Dessen I read ages ago, or else it would also get a mention :)


Also this month, I...
*
begged asked authors to come to Canada!
*
featured slam poetry from a student at my school
*
Eden guest posted about Harry Potter
*
fictional characters I'd name my sons after!
*
my ramblings about missing the naivety of YA fiction I had before blogging
*
made a Wishlist!
*
my thoughts on book hype and overhype (I loved your guys' thoughts on this, thanks for all the comments!)
*
Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta Aussie cover!! =D


Parting Thoughts

I will try to be better for June! Well, not for the next 2 weeks because it's when everything is due :(
Ohh, Markus Zusak got a Twitter!! Follow him because he is AMAZING. Shame on you if you haven't read The Book Thief yet.

Looking Ahead

-2 Year Blogoversary!!! Look for contest(s) =D
-I have lots of 'discussion'/rambly posts floating around my brain. I'll write them down sometime :)
-I want to do a RAK but I need to set up a post sometime and my slow computer has been killing me lately. It's been a good run, laptop, but I want a MBP sooooo bad :p
-I CAN'T WAIT FOR (HIGH) SCHOOL TO END.

Hope you guys are less stressed. Also, if you want an amazing procrastination outlet/eye candy/paranormalness, you should watch Supernatural ;)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Markus Zusak tip! *heads to Twitter*

    ReplyDelete
  2. May was a quite month for me with reading too. I still need to pick up Divergent.

    Can't wait for your 2 year blogoversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries hun it's understandable as things are hectic for a lot of us due to exams. I can't wait to really dive into blogging next month. And yay for Divergent! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading The Book Thief! =D I'm somewhere in the middle.

    Go go Go study! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, yeah -- I'm pretty sure we've all been sucking, especially since we're all in school, yeah? :) Can't wait to hear about those discussion/rambly posts of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to knowing what your book of the month was, especially since I highly value your opinion on book matters. :)

    and yes, now I will be giving BQ a shot because of you.

    Hope you enjoy your last few days of HS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone loves Divergent, definitely need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still surprised you always have the time to blog, Audrey! Crayzay! Good for you, though :) That's a good blogger!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*