Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

Firstly, Linds at bibliophile brouhaha is hosting a very awesome Create-a-Cover contest for 50 Cent (yes, 50 Cent)'s new YA book. Click here for more deets! :)

I saw this on Twitter on Monday, and I was like "dude, I am so waiting on that" so here I am.

The Disenchantments
by Nina Lacour

(no summary yet - I don't need one, do you? Just look at the cover!)

Add this book on Goodreads!

The Disenchantments is released February 16, 2012 from Dutton.

**

Quoting this tweet: "it involves a boy on tour with a small-time all-girl band. Heartbreak, motels, uncertainty." Oh my gosh, I want this now. I read and completely loved her first novel, Hold Still (read my review) which is probably why I'm super stoked for this one.

What are you waiting on? And your thoughts on the cover? And yeah, I probably should have waited for a summary before I featured this, but ah well, I just couldn't resist :)








author twitter / website

17 comments:

  1. I'm so waiting for this too! How can people make such cool covers?! Really! =DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i am so there

    (i never even use exclamation marks, i swear :)

    i was desperate for this without even knowing the pitch. i am so going to love this book. and the cover (!) it rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it has such a cute cover! :) And the tweet? Wow. I've always read stories about bands in fanfiction. But to read one in a novel? That's something I need to have!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooo, I don't need a reason AT ALL - that cover has me hooked!! Heeeeeellloooo 80s!

    Thanks for the shoutout!! Enter people - twill be Tons of Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the cover of this one. It's so bright and cheerful, and the tweet makes it sound like the inside will be filled with amazingness as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this cover yesterday and fell in love. Amazing! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover is amazing! I can't wait for a summary, thanks for sharing =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds and looks like such a fun book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if I can express how cute and wonderful I find this book cover. It's adorable! And the story sounds pretty great too. Nice pick!

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! Looks so good! Adding it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so goooood! Love the cover in all it's summery/funkiness :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. And omg fiddy got a new book hehehe I'm not a hater on the guy and don't think his music is all too bad so I'm all for it. I'm aware that he's been through a lot so maybe he is the man to create some intimate insight on this topic from another perspective hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the cutest cover ever! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me want! Music and boys and on the road! Pure WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, everyone! Audrey, thank you for this post! I'm so glad that you like the cover so much and that it says "summer" to everyone. It's a summer roadtrip/tour novel. The synopsis is coming next week . . .

    xo,
    Nina LaCour

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*