1. I read This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers recently and let me tell you, that book if effing brilliant. And if that book is in your possession (via Netgalley, etc) and you're not really reading it for one reason or another... STOP. READ IT. I was completely swept up in it and it's haunting and painful and the writing hurts and everything is so brilliant.
2. I used to read Harry Potter fanfiction like.. oh gosh.. 5 years ago? I want to say beginning of high school, and funnily, I used to be totally repulsed by the idea of admitting it but now I'm just like "hey, it was 5 years ago *shrugs*" (one of the joys of growing up and 'maturing'). It's funny because I found myself on the site the other day and I realized one of those super popular stories I liked and was never really updated was finally completed, so I was treated to like 7 chapters and an actual ending to a fanfic from ages ago, which was nice and super nostalgic too (Still Delicate, if you're curious).
3. I'm SO excited for May! Biggest reasons: Bitterblue, Insurgent, and The Avengers movie! I've read Bitterblue and it is sooo fantastic, I'll definitely be buying a copy for myself. And internet, help me find friends who are as obsessive about the Avengers as I am.. I swear nobody understands why I've pretty much watched the trailer 20 times now (not even kidding).
4. I'm probably gonna get stoned for this, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, but despite my excitement for Insurgent, I'm getting wiped out by the hype. I'm just not feeling it anymore; I think the pre-release campaign is such a smart and unique idea with all those faction teams, but I keep seeing it everywhere (and pretty much 50% of my twitter feed these days) and it's getting a bit much. So yeah, this is an instance of overhyping that very slightly makes me not want to read the book as much.
5. Which also brings me to another point about hype, and that's you have to get the timing right. I was wayyy too excited for a book around November-ish, and there was so much hype going around (WoWs, early reviews, etc) about it, except it's released in June 2012... which is quite a ways away. And I feel like after my super-excited period is over, I'm entering the refractory period in which I really don't have much interest in the book anymore. Which kind of makes me sad.
7. I vlog-reviewed Black Heart by Holly Black for TotallyBooksessed (link here), so you should check it out. And I'll be hopefully writing an actual review-review of a book soon... #awfulblogger
8. How freaking good was The Hunger Games??? I know some people didn't really like it, but I thought it was fantastic, considering it's an adaption. Okay, you can't have every single tiny detail on point, but I thought the movie got the essence of the book pretty well, and Jennifer Lawrence was superb.
9. Finalsfinalsfinals are on my brain. I'm stressed and not excited, but it's the final stretch... light at the end of the tunnel! I promise there will be regular bookish content over the summer! PROMISE. But till then I'm just knee-deep in series, sequences, and stupid integrals, so bye bye for now :)